Winter Mods in Process
Photos of the mod and retrofit coming soon.
12/17/07
Disassembled most of the SSSA to replace all of the wheel support bearings, dust seals, missing nuts/bolts, as well as anything else I feel needs to be replaced. Good source of OEM parts: www.ronayers.com - and everything has been a few dollars cheaper than sourcing through www.bikebandit.com Of course, both of these sites are MUCH cheaper than trying to get things through the local Honda dealership! My first stop for parts is always www.ebay.com, though!!
12/14/07
I just received the front and rear wheel from a 2002 VFR. The rear should fit fine, but I will have to measure the front for brake rotor placement and width differences between the VFR and the 929 wheels.
11/30/07
I just received a single-side swingarm from a '99 Honda VFR. I'm in the process of measuring all the pieces (bearings, spacers, pivot shafts, and swingarm bodies) to retrofit the SSSA to my 2001 CBR929. I will be modeling most of the parts in Solid Edge just to make sure the fit will be perfect.
12/17/07
Disassembled most of the SSSA to replace all of the wheel support bearings, dust seals, missing nuts/bolts, as well as anything else I feel needs to be replaced. Good source of OEM parts: www.ronayers.com - and everything has been a few dollars cheaper than sourcing through www.bikebandit.com Of course, both of these sites are MUCH cheaper than trying to get things through the local Honda dealership! My first stop for parts is always www.ebay.com, though!!
12/14/07
I just received the front and rear wheel from a 2002 VFR. The rear should fit fine, but I will have to measure the front for brake rotor placement and width differences between the VFR and the 929 wheels.
11/30/07
I just received a single-side swingarm from a '99 Honda VFR. I'm in the process of measuring all the pieces (bearings, spacers, pivot shafts, and swingarm bodies) to retrofit the SSSA to my 2001 CBR929. I will be modeling most of the parts in Solid Edge just to make sure the fit will be perfect.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home