Shade Tree Mechanic
I tore into the bike this winter in hopes of completing my single-side swingarm retrofit. I have nearly all of the parts required with the exception of modifying a few collars, making a new pivot shaft, and purchasing a few bearings and seals.
The other part of this project is retrofitting the matching front wheel. This requires redesigning the spacer collars and making spacer rings to mount the stock 929 brake rotors. These aren't difficult to make, but I'm anxious about the mechanical integrity of the front end. I may have to perform a few FEA tests on my new parts before committing to making them.
As soon as I get all the parts I need, I will tear into it again!


The other part of this project is retrofitting the matching front wheel. This requires redesigning the spacer collars and making spacer rings to mount the stock 929 brake rotors. These aren't difficult to make, but I'm anxious about the mechanical integrity of the front end. I may have to perform a few FEA tests on my new parts before committing to making them.
As soon as I get all the parts I need, I will tear into it again!

A shot from the back side:

While I had the bike apart I went ahead and checked the valve clearances. Everthing was within spec according to the repair manual.
A cool close-up shot of one of the cams:
Rest assured, I will post pics as soon as the retrofit has been completed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home